Bragg Family
Matthew Donavan Bragg: 1-12-15

Family Photos

Thank you to those who have donated in loving memory of our baby.

Fill out my online form.

Our Story of Love at First Sight…

My story begins August 12, 2014 when I found out that my little family was going to expand. My pregnancy was very normal and baby was doing great. I found out at my 20 week appointment thatbiwas having a little boy. I was so excited.On January 7, 2015 I was at work and I was having ver bad stomach pains an got very sickso my boss sent me home and I went over to labor and delivery. At this point I was 26 weeks along. When I got to the hospital my blood pressure was extremely high so they wanted to send me to better equipped hospital in case I had to deliver early. The drs wanted to send me to buffalo but the weather was way to bad so I got sent to hammet. I was there for 2days and they got my blood pressure under control and baby was doing fine. Then something else was concerning to them. The Dr came in and asked me if I had ever had a miscarrege or a blood transfusion and I had told him not at all is was my first pregnancy. He then asked my hu sband if he could get blood work. he then proceeded to tell me that he had found an antibody in my blood that he called kale. He said that I could have only gotten it from a past transfusion, miscarrege, or from my husband (but he came back negative). So he wanted to send me to a specialist to make sure that the bay didn't have it because it could harm him. They wanted to send me to Pittsburgh but they didn't accept my insurance so the next day I got sent to buffalo. The whole way there my baby keep kicking the monitors off. He was doing great. When I arrived at Buffalo they did tests to make sure the baby was doing fine and he was. That night they keep me down in l &d to moniter him. That morning I got settled in the room and the Dr came in and talked to me. She told me that they were going to keep me in the hospital until I was 34 weeks to keep him cooking for as long as possible. She also said that they were going to test I'm for the antigen on Monday. The night of the 10th the nurse came in to check me and make sure he was doing good. She had asked me if I had felt him moving around and I told her not really. She started looking for his heartbeat and found it so she said he was probably sleeping. The more rning of the 11th the nurse came in and tried to find his little heart beat at tat time the dr came in. They both tried to find it for 5 mins then the Dr got the ultrasound machine and said the worse words in the world. There is no blood flowing through his heart I'm sorry. So later that day I was taken down to l&d to be induced. 16 hours later I gave birth me the most amazing sleeping little boy. We got to spend 24 hours with him before we had to give him up. 6 weeks later I went back to the hospital to get the results of the autopsy. I found out that he was perfect in every single way with absolutely nothing wrong with him. I found out that there was some hemorrhaging and clots on one side of the placenta t hat cut off his oxygen. I later found out that I have a blood clotting disorder a week later when I was hospitalized again.

Thank you for taking the time to read our story and learn about our baby who will only live on in our hearts… forever. We would like to ask that you help the organization that has helped us and helps so many others in their times of need. All donations made to this page are made in loving memory of our baby gone too soon and will be used towards the WNYPBN’s Programs.


Designed by Cherrytail-Design